Jilted River, in the Toll of Another Bell
A Fantasy Anthology
What have I been doing lately? What has kept me so quiet? Only one thing has the power to silence me, and I promise, it’s important. Today, I am happy to make a birth announcement. My newest creation, Jilted River is available for sale right now. It appears alongside nine other short stories in Xchyler Publishing’s 2015 fantasy anthology, The Toll of Another Bell.
Watch this blog for more about Jilted River, including an interview of me by author J. Aurel Guay, this month. But in the meantime, Want to know more about this amazing book?
Check out the official trailer, on YouTube:
In The Toll of Another Bell, I am surrounded by the awesomeness of nine other Xchyler fantasy authors: Jodi L. Milner, Timothy Vincent, Elise Stephens, Thaxson Patterson II, Scott E. Tarbet, F.M. Longo, J.R. Potter, Danielle E. Shipley, and T. C. Phillips. Every story here opens your imagination, and dares you to think of new possibilities. Ever dream of traveling to the beginning of the world, concocting a fountain of youth, or flying through the sky on your own dream horse? Want to sing with fairies and forest creatures, or sing your love out of the underworld? Want to meet laboratory monsters, or Japanese forest demons? You are in for a treat, as you journey through the pages of this book.
A little more about what’s inside:
- Breath: The Guardian of Souls realizes her life is incomplete and sacrifices everything to find what’s missing.
- Awareness: To achieve the status of Magi, Jyn must pass his father’s ultimate test.
- Phoenix: Orion loses his wife on their wedding day and uses dark magic to seek her in the afterlife.
- Life Under Research Conditions: Can a bioweapon possess a soul and make choices to save humanity?
- The Year of No Foals: A miraculous colt and a mysterious old man bring healing to a family ripped apart by tragedy.
- Naoki No Yokai: Yokai have overrun a local village, and it’s up to Saga Naoki to discover the reason why.
- Jilted River: An Appalachian fairy tale attracts visitors to a state park, but then they start to disappear.
- Tower Gods: A thirteen-year-old boy with an oxygen mask befits the role of hero in Watcher Benson’s eyes.
- Reality As We Know It: Where otherworldly magic fails, is Row’s friendship enough to mend Singer’s grieving heart?
- 60 Seconds to Midnight: Fleeing an ancient evil, a young woman from amongst the stars finds unlikely refuge on Earth.
Now, it’s your turn. You don’t have to wait to order your copy of The Toll of Another Bell. Here it is, in paperback and Kindle editions: